We can safely say that we’re officially in the era of globalization, and the effects it has on the world have transformed the way we do business. In light of this fact, more companies are now penetrating international markets and making a name for themselves. With this expansion comes the need for a diverse team of employees who have cultural competence skills to keep the wheels turning.
When it comes to companies entering or already part of the globalized market, it is essential to practice inclusivity and that everyone there is culturally competent.
Today’s blog explores cultural inclusivity and what it means for a company to be inclusive and go global.
Why Must Brands Focus on Cultural Competence?
Cultural competence must be practiced within every workspace, both face-to-face and remote. Cultural competence is the knowledge of, and the value placed on the interactions people of different diversities and cultural backgrounds have with each other within their working environment.
This means that behaviors, attitudes, as well as policies, should all align in ensuring that culturally competent employees are who make up your team. A culturally competent employee is knowledgeable of other individuals from various cultural and geographical backgrounds. They can also effectively work and communicate with everyone in a diverse team.
Why Does Cultural Competence Matter?
We can view cultural competence as a skill everyone needs to have, especially those who work within a diverse team. One of the most outstanding reasons cultural competence is so important is the improved customer experience each team member will have at the internal level. This leads to an improvement in the satisfaction of each team member toward their job as well as the company and everyone they work with.
Of course, the ripple effect that a culturally competent workforce brings is that of increased rapport, including empathy and openness, which only leads to better and stronger relationships and more meaningful connections.
Why Brands Must See the Need to Globalize
The advancement of technology has not only globalized our world, but it has also made it much easier for companies and businesses to operate within international markets. That said, when a company or industry goes global, its workforce will be diverse.
You might wonder what taking your company global has to do with cultural competence and inclusivity among your team members. Well, here are the facts:
- A diverse and culturally competent team creates a workforce with a broader range of skills and perspectives. These perspectives coupled with their knowledge and skills, improve problem-solving which then drives innovation.
- The ability for further expansion. A diverse and culturally competent team allows companies to expand even to even more global markets. A culturally competent company understands the importance of communication and the value that everyone brings, no matter their cultural background.
- Better communication takes place within a culturally competent workforce. This increases engagement with each other and extends the number of customers and stakeholders. Productivity also increases, which means that everyone reaps a better result overall.
How to Improve Cultural Competence in Your Workplace Before Globalizing Your Brand
Before taking the step of taking your company or business into global markets, it’s essential that your workforce is culturally competent and your team practices inclusivity.
Below are a few ways you can build cultural competence among your team members:
- First, develop an awareness that other cultures exist and move into developing an understanding of the diversity that exists and take it from there.
- A survey can be shared for employees to give feedback on how they feel about their place within the workspace and their understanding and views of cultural competence.
- Carry out a series of workshops and training specifically for cultural competence. Bringing awareness to what it is, its importance along with the sensitivities involved in the matter. The training should also include how everyone can learn from and about each other, their cultures, and their differences.
- Foster a team-driven environment. This means that everyone collaborates on projects, and the experience they have helps to form bonds and improves inclusivity overall.
- Encourage feedback, and practice transparency. Cultural competence and inclusivity aren’t complete without making sure that everyone feels safe sharing their thoughts and experiences within a work setting. Feedback channels are great tools, as well as scheduling regular check-up sessions to learn about any possible discrimination or prejudice that takes place.
A culturally competent workforce in an inclusive work environment thrives as a global/international company. Diverse employees are crucial to the success of companies, especially within a global setting.
At DayBPO, our team of professionals is culturally competent. We have a diverse and inclusive work environment that understands the importance of it all.
We provide outsourcing solutions for translation, localization, interpreting, and audio-visual translation services in every language. Contact us today, our team of professionals is available to assist 24/7, 365 days a year.